‘Pashmina’, a type of cashmere wool, which is soft, warm and has the finest texture. The material comes from a particular type of goat called Changthangi that inhabits the areas of Himalayan mountain range. Textiles are manufactured out of this fabric primarily in Kashmir and Nepal. Extremely luxurious, all the products made out of pashmina have an aesthetic value and effectually brought sophistication as well as timelessness in the fashion industry.
Comfortable, beautiful, fashionable, colorful, and traditional are few terms that pop in mind when one is talking about pashmina scarves and shawls. These accessories have managed to win everyone’s heart and there are different ways by which you can put them on. Let us explore a few techniques as they are mentioned below in brief.
Ways to Wear a Pashmina Scarf
- Tie the scarf around your neck and acquire a stylish look. Unfold and split it up into two sections, now depending on the weather, decide if you wish to keep the scarf loose or tight. You can leave the ends hanging for spicing up a drab approach. Classic knot, braided knot, sliding knot, bow, and knotted loop are some of the exclusive ways by which you can wear these scarves around the neck.
- Another unique way by which one can wear a pashmina scarf is like a man’s necktie. This fashionable technique would turn out to be exceptional if you are wearing ordinary outfits like jeans and t-shirts.
- Instead of using the accessory as a scarf, one can easily turn it into a skirt, one-piece dress, or top. You just need to tie the two ends of the scarf and hold it tight either around the waist, in the middle of the chest or around the neck in halter fashion.
- During the summer season, one can use these accessories for covering up their bathing suits. So, you got a cute bikini and all ready to hit the beaches but if you do feel conscious just make use of a pashmina shawl or scarf and tie it around your waist or chest.
- How about getting a chic look by tying your pashmina scarf around the head? Drape the accessory from above the hairline and tie both the ends at the back of your head. This technique is extremely useful during the bad hair days.
The aforementioned pointers are some of the amazing ways by which you can wear a pashmina scarf. If you do wish to purchase this accessory or already got one at home, make sure to keep these techniques at the back of your mind.
It is just not enough to buy a scarf of high-quality material, one also needs to take proper care if they wish their pashmina to last long. When washing, use mild detergents and lukewarm water. Do not wring the accessory vigorously, simply air dry it. For storing, keep the accessory inside a protective bag so that it could remain safe from insect infestation. By following these simple tips, you are allowing your pashmina shawl to retain its brand-new luster for prolonged periods.